Friday, September 19, 2014

UAE Day 34: Apartment Adventures

Living/Dining room area, with balcony


Kitchen

Random guest bath I discovered near the front door.  Its just barely big enough to stand in.  

Master bath

Internet Installation Man


"Cleaning"

Repairs in the kitchen

So the men working on repairs/cleaning use common methods of cleaning for this part of the world.  Unfortunately for me, this system of cleaning causes a lot of OCD-ish panic.  They fill a bucket with water, add a tiny splash of windex, a spoonful of bleach, and the swish the dirty water about to ensure all the grime is everywhere, then they squeegee it into a bathroom drain.  Gag.  After the poor guys were done "cleaning"  I set about doing what I could to sterilize everything.  Layers of nasty gunk came off nearly every surface and took a lot of scrubbing.  I cleaned for about 4 hours, just attacking the surfaces (inside and out) of the closets and door frames, and my kitchen walls.  I started the kitchen cabinets but didn't finish.  I got distracted with unpacking boxes.  Got 30 unpacked.  The boxes (not collapsed) filled five tashbags.  Still about 15 more to go, but everything takes time.  

spare bedroom

2nd bath, with shower.  

You could awkwardly climb out the spare bedroom's window to get to the balcony

Master bath.  Wondering if they will let me remove the bidet so I have a place to install a clothes washing machine.  Apparently they are not common place in my area, people send their laundry out or wash it in their tubs.  


No comments:

Post a Comment