Thursday, March 6, 2014

Izmir Day 5: Simit for Sale


Today was a bit more sunny and we enjoyed a moment of warmth during our break between lectures.  Class has been really excellent so far.  Teachers make either the best students or the worst ones because we always have expectations about what we want to get from the class, instructional design, etc.  I am always nervous about the various obstacles I will face in language learning and if I am investing my time, money, and energy wisely.  It took more than a month of my salary to do this week in Izmir to study and I am so happy with how it turned out.  I am very pleased with the course design- we study all four skills in balance and I've gained a lot vocabulary and have loved the whole situation. I would repeat this choice in a heartbeat.   In case anyone is interested in studying Turkish in Izmir, the school is called the Turkish Language Center

No comments:

Post a Comment